3D Mastering for Nanoimprint and Injection Molding
Speaker: Dr Tero Kulmala, Heidelberg Instruments Nano
- Get an overview of methods like nanoimprint and injection molding that are suitable for mass replication of masters fabricated by the NanoFrazor
- Discover that the 3D patterned PPA resist can be directly replicated by template stripping, soft molding or electroplating
- Learn which nanoimprint processes have been successfully used to replicate sub-20nm lateral features as well as single nanometer accurate 3D (grayscale) features
- Review the limitations of pattering speed and patterning depth of the NanoFrazor
- Learn about hard masters with deeper features made by 3D etch transfer
Presentation: 15 min
Q&A: 15 min
Tero Kulmala has more than 15 years of experience in the most advanced micro and nanofabrication processes. He holds a MSc. degree in materials science from Helsinki University of Technology (Finland) and a PhD in electrical engineering from University of Cambridge (UK) where he was working on nanowires and graphene nanoelectronics in the group of Prof Ferrari. Prior to joining Heidelberg Instruments Nano in 2016, he was a postdoctoral fellow at Paul Scherrer Institute (CH) where he worked on EUV lithography for sub-10 nm semiconductor technology nodes.
At Heidelberg Instruments Nano, Tero develops new applications and processes for the NanoFrazor technology. He works closely with existing and prospective customers in these areas.
Webinar Series description
The “NanoFrazor Technology” webinars will explain the main features and limitations of NanoFrazor lithography. They will be hosted by the key experts of our R&D teams. You will learn how our technology works, and where and why it is superior or inferior to conventional nanolithography techniques. We will also share the results and insights of our ongoing development projects.
The “NanoFrazor Applications” series will show examples from different application fields, where the NanoFrazor was used to fabricate unique nanopatterns and devices. The guest speakers - scientists who actively use NanoFrazor - will talk about their work and recent results.
The “NanoFrazor Sales” webinars will focus on NanoFrazor products. We will talk about hardware components and software features of the NanoFrazor systems. We will also cover the cost-of-ownership and how to receive a quick return on investment. Finally, we will also offer a dedicated webinar where you will learn about the various funding options for NanoFrazor systems and how to maximize your chances to get your funding proposal accepted.
Test yourself and win! After each webinar, you can test what you have learned in a short multiple-choice questions challenge. With 10 or more successful tests, you will receive a small prize and a unique Nanofabrication Guru certificate.