Nanofabrication Photonics Online Meetup is a free online conference that will take place in May 16-18, 2021.
Heidelberg Instruments is taking part in organizing this event in order to support the nanofabrication community and to facilitate the exchange of experience and know-how, which would help the whole field to progress. This event is open to anyone who would like to learn about state-of-the-art micro- and nanofabrication.
Online conferences have overtaken the scientific community because safety comes first. And even though we all had too many online meetings in the past year and miss face-to-face discussions, online conferences are still helping to reduce our carbon footprint and travel costs, are more affordable and easier to align with family.
Our computers still consume electricity despite our best effort as a research and engineering community, so even an online-conference impacts the environment. To offset that impact, Heidelberg Instruments will donate 10 Eur to WWF for each active participant.
The conference program includes:
3 TUTORIAL TALKS
- David Norris, ETH Zurich
- Laura Na Liu, 2nd Physics Institute & MPI for Solid State Research in Stuttgart
- Hugo Thienpont, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
10 INVITED TALKS
- Sejeong Kim, University of Melbourne
- Marianne Aellen, ETH Zürich
- Martino Bernard, Fondazione Bruno Kessler
- Jurgen Van Erps, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Nezih Unal, GenISys
- Jana Chaaban + Sven Preuss, Heidelberg Instruments
- Shane Eaton, IFN – CNR
- Xinghui Yin, Harvard University
- Rajesh Menon, The University of Utah
- Chuanzhen Zhao, Stanford University
6 flash talks & poster session
- 10-min talks on May 17
- Posters on Twitter/WeChat/Gather
The call for abstracts is open until March 31. Submit your abstract here
CAREER DISCUSSION PANEL
“Can you do nanofabrication for a living?”
- Host: Matthew Posner, Process Scientist at Excelitas Technologies
- Panelists: Eva De Leo, R&D Engineer at Polariton
Jeroen Bolk, Process Engineer at TU Eindhoven
Emine Cagin, Head of Technology at Heidelberg Instruments Nano